Welcome to Reception
Miss Higginson, Mrs Islam and Mrs Hughes would like to welcome you to our Reception class webpage.
Welcome back to school! We are so proud of how the children have coped with their return to the classroom and they are settling in again very well. In Reception, we always focus on well-being and ensuring that every child is feeling happy, safe and relaxed, in order to learn and to reach their full potential. The children are enjoying being with their friends again and we are so excited to have them all back in our learning environment.
RISING STARS - READING PLANET - Your child has now been allocated two reading books online at their reading level. Please log on to https://my.risingstars-uk.com to read with your child. Here is the PARENT GUIDE to help you. If you need your log in and password please email me (Miss Higginson). You will need to read the book, ask your child the questions and then complete the quiz. Click on the green question mark for the short quiz (3 questions). Your child will get either a bronze, silver or gold star at the end of the quiz and we will be notified that you have read with your child. Your child should read two books a week on Reading Planet.
The EYFS document below, outlines the Early Learning Goals that children are expected to achieve by the end of Reception year. All of our learning activities are planned from the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum to enable your child to make progress towards these goals. There is also additional guidance in this document about how to support your child in all areas of their learning during their year in Reception.
If you have any queries or questions about your child and their learning then please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help and want the best for your child!
Miss Higginson School Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Islam School Email - email@example.com
Please follow our class twitter pages too!
https://twitter.com/HigginsonMiss and https://twitter.com/MrsIslam8
HOME LEARNING USEFUL WEBSITES - RECEPTION
Topmarks - www.topmarks.co.uk
Crickweb - www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html
Oxford Owl - www.oxfordowl.co.uk
- We celebrate all of the children's achievements in class and the progress they have made. Each day we also send out 'proud clouds' to parents/carers to share with you these achievements. We value each and every child's hard work, their kindness to others and reward children for always trying their best.
- P.E. is every Friday. Please make sure your child comes to school dressed in their P.E. kit with a cardigan or jumper.
- Each week your child will be given a reading book sent home. Please read this book with your child at least twice during the week. Reading records should have signature or a comment from parents/carers each week so we know you have read with your child and can change their book.
- Book bags are sent out on a Friday and should be returned on a Tuesday.
- Reading should be an enjoyable and fun activity for your child. There are some helpful reading tips inside the reading record and each week, we will highlight the letter sounds and words the children have learnt in class. Please practise these letter sounds and words at home.
- The blank level questions are there for you to use with your child when reading the book. We use these questions in class and they are very useful for helping children to develop their comprehension and language skills.
- If you have any queries or questions about reading, please speak to a member of the Reception team.
CHARACTERISTICS OF EFFECTIVE LEARNING
SEE DOCUMENT BELOW