This is our first year of having digital leaders in school and we are excited by the projects we are planning to raise standards in computing across the school. We have a group of 10 digital leaders, from years 3 to 6, and they all went through an application process where they explained why they would make a good digital leader. We had lots of applicants and it was really hard to choose.
We meet EVERY Thursday lunch time in the Computer Suite, between 12:30 and 1:00, obviously giving up your Thursday lunch time is a key attribute to being a digital leader.
The digital leaders will be taught a new topic first and then they can help during their Computing lesson. They are all taught the same from year 3 - 6, so they are all picking up on skills used throughout the whole school.
Just some of the topics we will be covering
- Scratch programming
- Code Kingdoms
- Creating iMovies
- Garage Band
- Pages on the iPad
- Fixing problems in the classrooms
- Setting up a computer, all the cables
- Took an old computer apart to identify parts
- Looking after all IT equipment, Computing Suite, Trolleys, iPads
- Created a Safer Internet Video for whole school to watch
- Editing photos
- How to maintain the iPads